Delta-8, 9, CBD! What is all the fuss about, is it safe, and what kind of benefits do you get? You’ve come to the right blog.
Lately we’ve seen much to do around two of the most popular derivatives of Cannabis Sativa-L (hemp) Delta-8 THC and CBD. Both federally legal cannabinoids with different effects on the body and mind.
When taken together D8 and CBD form one of nature’s most fabulous duo! Let’s analyze what happens when you take the two together.
CBD + Delta-8-THC vs THC (aka Delta-9-THC)
“Why don’t I just use delta-9 THC with CBD” (like a marijuana gummy or higher-THC CBD tincture, for example)?
There are a few reasons why you may prefer CBD + D8 over other combos:
- The D8 high is a bit more mellow than the THC high.
- There’s a smaller chance of unpleasant experiences like paranoia with D8, compared to THC.
- Hemp-derived delta-8 is federally legal, whereas THC is illegal at the national level and permitted in varying forms and degrees in some states.
Delta-8 is sort of like a federally-legal THC-lite. It has an almost identical molecular structure with similar psychological and physiological effects. It’s just a bit milder, and easier to access.
D8 + CBD Benefits
Now that we understand where these different substances come from we can take a look at what each cannabinoid offers.
- Anxiety relieving
- Mood boosting
- Sleep supporting
Delta-8’s qualities are similar, but not exactly the same. Here are some of the properties of D8:
Delta-8-THC and CBD combined potentially offer some benefits that are greater than when either is used alone.
The Entourage Effect with CBD & Delta-8-THC
Cannabis plants contain more than 120 different phytocannabinoids. These phytocannabinoids act on your endocannabinoid system, which works to keep your body in homeostasis, or balance. People take CBD and THC in a variety of ways, and they can be consumed separately or together.
The “entourage” effect is the theory that all the compounds in cannabis work together, and when taken together, they produce a better effect than when taken alone.
CBD and Delta-8 THC for Anxiety
Many people take CBD to help manage their anxiety. And for those who want to try something a bit more potent, D8 might be the right choice for them.
Compared to Delta-9THC, the D8 high is more consistent, and not prone to the same peaks and pits of THC. There’s less of a chance of that paranoia feeling you may get from D9-THC. So, D8 might just be the perfect choice if you want a psychoactive stress-reliever and mood-elevator without the risk of a distressing trip.
Taking CBD & Delta-8-THC Safely
Unlike cannabidiol (CBD), delta-8 is psychoactive. So, be sure to follow some of these best practice guidelines when adding D8 into the mix.
At Cannapalooza Farms we grow completely indoors using organic soils and no pesticides. Our plants are processed in the same facility and the oil is then purified and tested before going into any final product. We then test each final product for any residual solvents, heavy metals, toxins, etc. Whether you buy your products from us or not always look for American made and vertically processed and follow these simple guidelines:
- Before taking CBD or D8, talk to your doctor to make sure it’s safe for you to use.
- Only use high-quality CBD and delta-8 products derived from pure, organic, American hemp.
- Ease into D8 and CBD with a small dose. Like all cannabinoids, the way delta-8 and CBD interact with your endocannabinoid system is unique and will produce a different experience for you.
- Don’t take D8 and drive, or operate machinery either. The psychoactive effects can impair your motor skills and judgment. Similarly, if CBD has you feeling a bit too chill — steer clear of the power tools and vehicles.
- Take care when consuming other substances at the same time. Substances like alcohol may interact with how delta-8 or CBD gets absorbed and might provide a more intense experience.
And remember to enjoy some of the best cannabinoids nature has to offer!